Monday, February 20, 2012

Today's Wonder Made me Stop and Pause

Six years ago our family embarked on a journey that will probably never be repeated, and as I read today's Wonder #505 Who's on Mount Rushmore?  I pulled out our family album and all the memories come back to me.  In July of 2006, our family drove out West in our Honda Pilot all loaded up for a 2 week vacation.  At times, a Chevy Chase type of vacation but YES a vacation that I believe all four of us would say was one of the BEST for many reasons.  So travel along with us.........

We drove straight through not our original plan.


One of  my favorite picture taken between two cracks in a rock.






Traffic jam in Yellowstone National Park.    

Riding in Cody, Wyoming. 
There are many pictures in the album that bring back so many memories, the conversations, the places we visited and most important just the time we spent together.  As life continues to change now that Anna and Marcus are in college, remember to take the time to create those special family memories. Sometimes you just need a wonder of the day to make you stop and think.  Thanks Wonderopolis!

1 comment:

  1. Maria,
    Your post brought back memories. In the summer of 2004, we loaded our three kids into the van and headed west. It was the trip of a lifetime through the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Cost, Yellowstone, Seattle, then Oregon (the Pacific), Sequoia, Yosemite, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon. We all still talk about this time together. Thanks for the smile. Sometimes I think you and I live parallel lives.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete