It's been a grand week in Room 234! Several students accomplished their goals in reading and math. I celebrate their smile as they tell me
- "I finally read a Historical Fiction book and I really liked it. Where's another one?"
- "Did you know that I connected with Margaret in Are You There God? It's me Margaret." One of my favorite books from fifth grade. Thank you Judy Blume.
- Over 60 families attended Grand Discussion discussing Save me a Seat on Thursday night with their mom or dad
- We had our second Newberry Club meeting - students are enthusiastic about their reading and casted their first vote of the season
- EO made connections with Base 10 and the Metric System.
- Students played with water to explore Metric Capacity.
Inquiry: how many liters in a gallon? Getting water is a popular tool. Investigating metric capacity. @228BES pic.twitter.com/3C7AqYrQMB— Maria Caplin (@mariacaplin) November 15, 2016
- "I've never had so much fun in math1"
- "I never compared a liter to a gallon."
Celebrating learners in Room 234 and their inspiration to continue to grow. Asking great questions and most of all beginning to take ownership of their own learning. Several students set higher reading goals because they had the confidence which has been building since August. I hope all my friends are enjoying the learning at NCTE and tweet away. Thanks Ruth for encouraging us to celebrate.