- 10 for 10 Picture Books to support word learning
- Mapping the Course gathering fun words and setting up notebooks
- Fun with Greeting Cards enjoying word play
- Building Word Work in the classroom
- Word Play is Crucial to word learning
To encourage wordsmiths to think about vocabulary differently throughout our day I weave conversations about word learning into every subject.
- Discussing expectations: What do you notice about the word expectations?
- Sharing our #ClassroombBookaDay What words did you hear that you liked or were new to you?
- Math: I notice the word operations have multiple meanings?
- Science: What happens when you compare science to scientist?
- Writing: Look at my summer writing, what do you notice about my word choice?
My goal is to create new expectations and shift their thinking about word study. I promise I will have more than five learners enjoying word work after the first month of school, and I will have the data to support it.
compliments of Google Images