Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slice of Life & OLW (Reflections)



 I typically don't participate in Slice of Life Tuesday, but I always enjoy reading them.  Since the last day of July fell on Tuesday, I decided to combine my OLW end of month (reflection) and slice together.

On my professional side, my blog is turning 2 while I am on vacation.  For so many reasons it is fun to look back over the past two years.  Probably the funniest part for me is to see how my writing and content of my posts have changed.  It's hard to believe at one time I wasn't sure how to set up an iTunes account or I wasn't' sure how to use iPods in my classroom with my literacy block.  I remember when I hoped to have 20 followers and get at least one comment a week.  I still get excited when I get a comment because that is where my learning continues.  To say that I have grown professionally from blogging is an understatement.  I am a totally different teacher because of my conversations with blogging and this year twitter has changed my teaching also.  I am truly thankful for all my learning and all the WONDERful connections that I have made through my virtual PD, and I am excited to continue along my journey. 

On the personal side, our family will be on vacation this week when this posts. I promised my family that I would disconnect from technology.  Our kids are taking their friends so we will be a larger (7 instead of 4) more active group. As for me, I plan on taking many long walks on the beach, read my books, listen to my music, and enjoy being with our children.  Because when vacation is over, our daughter will be driving to SC for her new teaching job, and we will be headed back to Ohio.  As I type this with a few tears rolling down, I am not quite sure I will be able to let her go.  I know she is going to be exactly where she wants to be and most of all I know she has worked for 22 years to achieve this goal.  It doesn't make it much easier as we will hug and cry Saturday, but I am thankful for the week that all of us will have shared on the beach. 


Thanks to Ruth and Stacey for hosting us on Tuesdays -- I'm excited to posting in  Slice of Life Tuesday





5 comments:

  1. Oh Anna! Congratulations on the job!

    And oh mama ... I can only try to imagine the mix of emotions. So much pride, but so tough to make that SC journey.

    I've really enjoyed reading your blog and, the times I've snuck in to watch, "reading" your classroom. Happy blog-iversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot... I just entered my comment four times.

    I need to observe in your tech-savvy classroom more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your comments Gretchen. Can't wait to continue our journey on into middle school this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday! How fun to have been along on this journey!

    Can't wait to reconnect when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for turning two!!!!! Thanks for the all of the posts...I am an avid follower and wonderer :) Keep them coming and enjoy your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete