Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Slice of Life: Happy with my Choices (OLW)


I will be completing my first three full weeks  this Friday.  It has been really exciting to back full time in Room 228. We're learning together about Google, and I have to tell you I was hesitant and now I am all in.  I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is to to "talk" to your students during the evenings.  There have been several times when I know my students would have been stuck if they couldn't have asked a question. But the best part, I didn't always have to solve the problem. Most of time to be honest another student already had helped through the comments.  I was not expecting this type of collaboration. I started small which has always been my technology mantra.  Within two weeks, we started with a weekend conversation, built toward a homework conversation, introduced my first rubric (for Thinglink) and finally today we will do collaborative writing during Wonder Wednesday at Wonderopolis.  

Our Spring break starts this Friday.  After being back for three weeks, I have to admit that I am exhausted.  I was a little surprised how working full time and wanting to continue to be a full time mom is tiring. But it is the BEST tired in the world.  I am excited that we are headed to visit Anna in Charleston, SC this Friday.  We plan on staying for a week and creating more family memories.  The best part will be taking our family picture on beach with all four of us standing there with the sunshine on our faces. Time to make my choice (OLW) for family time. 

Can't wait to get back to the beach.


1 comment: