Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Watch Out Huge Hill Ahead!



Sometimes I get overwhelmed with technology, and I am starting to feel that way as I begin to think about my next step with iPods.  I am lucky that I have lots of support to help me in my district including our district Coordinator of Technology and my TST (technology support teacher) who is in my building 2 ½ days a week.  I also have friends to talk to but even with all that support, I know the final decisions are mine. Here are some of my thoughts this past week:  Which apps to purchase and how to incorporate into my lesson plans? How to use the programs that come loaded on the iPods?  How to continue to use iPods for instruction not just review skill?

My goal continues to be to implement iPods within the classroom during instructional time, and we have used them in Word Study and Geography.  Now I want to begin to use them more with Writing and Reading.  Math will be a bit more of a challenge for me since we switch students for math however; I think I will tackle math at a later time.

The first hill on the Millennium.
I guess this blog is a reflection of where I am right now.... a little overwhelmed.  I have come to realize my long summer days have slipped away when I had the time to sit and research apps.  Can I already be missing summer or is this my first major hill on the roller coaster? Look out Millennium here I come!  


5 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself and press forward when you might need to let some things settle. Always remember: Technology is cool but teachers are cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend-excellent words of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend, At least you are brave enough to try the Millenium. I am way too big of a chicken to even attempt it. Keep up the good work. I am so proud of you.
    Kathy B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that any new learning comes with many new, and sometimes steep, hills. Joyce had wise words about just staying the course. You've tackled a lot this year; try not to let it overwhelm you. You are a fabulous teacher; the iPods are just another tool at your disposal. You rule them; they don't rule you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy and Karen- I appreciate your positive support-we had fun with the iPods on Friday more about that later.

    ReplyDelete