Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 OLW: Choice


 
Thanks Ali for the picture
For the past two years I have participated in One Little Word, my choice in 2012 (reflection) and 2013 (gratitude) have become an integral part of who I am.  When I chose these words they were purposeful and really focused my thoughts for the year. On my drive home, I would reflect on my word and choose a moment when my OLW was an important part of my day.  These two words became embedded into every detail of my life.

I have been thinking about my OLW for 2014 and I have to admit it did not come to me as easily.  I read Ali's blog and watched the amazing video about the importance of choosing OLW. Choosing a word that is meaningful along with the anticipation of what the word could mean is the key for me. 

I was struggling with choosing my word. I wonder which word would stretch me both professionally and personally.  Choosing a word that would get "me out of my box" which I do enjoy most of the time but am realizing that I need to break out of in 2014.  Choosing to continue to grow as a writer with a renewed passion for word study and as important choosing to write along with my students during our school day.

I turned 50 this past September, and I am not sure if it comes with the new decade or if it is just a gift that I have become much more aware of the choices I make. I am thankful for the opportunities when I have a choice.  I have learned the littlest choice can make a huge impact on my life.  My 2014 journey begins tomorrow with my 
OLW: choice. 





3 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the way you shared your OLW journey, Maria. Finding that one word with meaning for both our professional lives as well as our personal lives is the key, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that this OLW will result in a thoughtful year for you. It will also help you keep your ties to GRATITUDE and REFLECTION.

    I am choosing a word this year for the first time. I have lived with it for a couple of days and I think I like it. It has many facets and angles. It will be a good year. It just will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,
    Choice. Always something to celebrate.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete