- "Each day they used a new tool because it fit their need or purpose at that moment."p. 28
- "They were using s particular piece of technology when it made sense for their learning." p. 28
- "I use tools in ways that extend, expand, analyze and record my reading." p. 29
- "Focusing on the learning rather than the tool created a more authentic workshop" p. 32
- "Students need us to help them navigate the strategies and habits..." p. 47
- "Sometimes the best strategy for a teacher is to simply get out of the way." p. 63
Knock me over as I read Ann Marie's tips....the idea of integrating tech tips into your weekly schedule. I have read about this concept in different formats and still don't find time in our classroom schedule. Last year, I did a much better job of building a Digital Menu. Introducing our class to a new tool allowing time for exploration and practice then allowing choice in the lesson. It was 50/50 some students went back to their favorite (Keynote, Explain Everything,Comic Life) others would try the new tool. This year I plan to do a combination of new digital tools and allow the students to choose which one they are an expert in and letting them teach it to their peers. Less reliance on me and more ownership on them.