Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Celebration #WWW



It's Saturday and time to Celebrate.  I'm always thankful when it is mid week and I have already decided about my celebration for the week.  I hope that isn't cheating starting my blog post early on Thursday and waiting until Saturday to push the publish button.  I am thankful for Ruth for encouraging us to celebrate.  Today as you read this post I will be at the Dublin Literacy Conference which is always a highlight of my winter.   I will be tweeting my new learning #dublit16 feel free to follow along and learn side by side.  Here is the link up this week. 

My celebration is simple but makes me happy.  I've been struggling with writing lately.  There are way too many posts to link back to that talks about not having my writing voice.  I've learn a few lessons about writing and the biggest one has been that sometimes we are our own worst critic.  As I think about my #OLW16 (quest) I chose that word purposefully to move me in my writing.  I've found my niche again and I'm excited.  My passion is vocabulary.  I'm constantly thinking about it, wondering why authors choose that specific word, collecting words from EVERYWHERE.  It's in my DNA and I have decided that is where my writing is leading me.  Down a path to share my journeys.  I am not sure of the big picture ahead but for right now the quest I'm on is worth celebrating.  I would encourage you to join me in in blogging on Wednesdays about word work. if you do leave a comment on my post and we can link up. Here's to s a Super Saturday of living and learning. 



4 comments:

  1. Love that your OLW quest is leading you to be passionate about vocabulary. I love words too. I enjoyed reading your Wednesday posts about words and the pics of your notebook pages filled with words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramona for your comment. I would love to start a blogging conversation about words on Wednesday. Let me know if you're interested.

      Delete
  2. Getting your literacy geek on with tremendous people is a wonderful reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally literacy heaven at the Dublin Literacy Conference - fantastic day of learning!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Have a great week.

      Delete