Completing a busy two days, they were exhausted, but a great kind of exhaustion.
- reading the book to the preschool units
- answering questions from the kindergarten
- serving over 500 students
- counting numerous coins into $20 piles
- cleaning up the floor after spills
- most students gave up recess for their shift
- wearing yellow shirts so as a class we would stand out (thanks to my husband for a last minute shopping trip to purchase mine)
- setting up and tearing down our stand
We raised $700 in two days and although they were overjoyed with the total most of them relished in the learning experience. Thanks to Ruth for encouraging us to celebrate. I appreciate all the support of friends and colleagues it was an amazing learning celebration for all of us.