Saturday, April 29, 2017

Celebrate: Clearning Up the Fuzziness

There is a calmness and a sense of "I’m not totally crazy" after I read blogs.  I do quite a bit of self-talk on my way home from school.  Having conversations and reflecting on my day.  What could I have done better? What went really well?  At the end of my 20-minute drive, most of the time I have processed my day. 

However, there are those days when I am twisted like a ball of yarn, self-talk doesn’t seem to help.I walk in the door at home befuddled. Conversations with my daughter, who is a teacher, and my husband sometimes lift me out of my confusion. 

But there are those situations that I can’t let go, and I am searching for calmness.  My celebration this week are my peers who write brilliant blogs that guide my thinking and help me clear up the fuzziness.  Blogging is a give and take; push and pull of learning and writing. 

I celebrate these posts that cleared up the fuzziness for me. 

·      Exploration Strategies for Informational Writing Two Writing Teachers
·      The Hard Work of Real Human Beings A Year of Reading
·      Slice of Life Tuesday: Testing, testing, testing A Teaching Life
·      Grace for Myself Ruth Ayres Writes

Every Saturday morning, I always read something that helps me breath deeper and remember gratitude is so important in everyday life. Thank you Ruth for encouraging us to celebrate every week. 

-->

16 comments:

  1. I read blogs every day too. I've read these. I think we are all looking for that commonality, the hand to hold and help us through. Writing helps untangle the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazement to me. Happy Saturday :) Thank you for always supporting me leaving comments that is just as important.

      Delete
  2. Maria what a fabulous post and reminder of how much we need one another's reflections and thinking! Always love reading yiour posts and your reflections. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to hear from you Josie! Thanks for your support :) I hope you have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. The community we find with our blogging friends is truly something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while I need to thank everyone who is such an inspiration because i think it all the time.

      Delete
  4. Changing focus after the intensity of a teaching day is so hard, I remember. I'm glad that you find support this way, Maria. The posts I read through the teaching years were very helpful, giving new ideas and knowing that others had similar struggles. It would be nice if all teachers knew these words were "out there". Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and spread the word in my own building about the importance of being "out there" in the blogging world.

      Delete
  5. The teaching blogging community is a lifesaver!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! It seems like just when I am sinking a blog posts lifts be back up. I hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Reading blogs and commenting is like a chat with a friend, giving me so much encouragement and inspiration. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely thanks for your support of celebration Saturday!!

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to getting back to the READING of blogs, now that NPM is a wrap!

    Also looking forward to dock time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your month of poetry! You brought joy to so many of us. We will schedule dock and screen porch time soon.

      Delete
  8. I feel the same way as you do, Maria. We get so caught up in our own classroom worlds, and we often feel alone in the struggle that is teaching children every day, and reaching them in the ways we know best. It always feels good to read of others' adventures, and see what they are struggling with as well. We're all in this together, and we are better because we have each other. You are a center of my teaching calm, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you find ways to clear up the fuzziness. I know I appreciate the blog posts in this community. :)

    ReplyDelete