Saturday, May 27, 2017

Celebrating: Summer and #cyberPD

Summer has arrived officially two days ago. Call me crazy but the first celebration is gearing up for summer learning which involves #cyberPD which is my favorite event of the summer.  Gathering together virtually through blogs and twitter is a perfect combination.  I have kept my professional reading pile small this year.  Seems like I never make it through all the books that I purchase. I am a hands on reader I like to write in my books, highlight, sticky note it, collect all the important vocabulary basically devour it.  Another celebration is once we start "talking" about the book then I go back and reread for a different point of view or better yet for points that I missed the first time I read the book.  I am excited for the announcement on June 3.  Hopefully the book is already in my TBR pile. 

I am excited to celebrating summer and  my virtual summer learning.  Thanks Ruth for encouraging me share my celebrations




8 comments:

  1. Maria, loved The Construction Zone and have Cultures of Thinking on my Kindle App. Disrupting Thinking seems to be in a lot of stacks! Looking forward to this year's #cyberPD conversation. Thanks for sharing your stack --- and the reminder to maybe keep our stacks to a manageable number. Hello, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading Cultures of Thinking again. I am excited to find out the choice for the summer.

      Delete
  2. Great stack! I'm "renting" the Math Teacher from Franki for a couple of weeks. :-) #ouchexpensive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed it from McKenzie for the same reason. Lots of great ideas that I will think about over the summer. Took several notes.

      Delete
  3. All of these titles sound amazing! I know I have heard great things about Disrupting Thinking. The other titles are all new to me. Thanks for sharing...time to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited to learn the title of this year summer PD. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  4. I picked up Construction Zone at AllWrite last summer. Lots of helpful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the stacks, even though I'm retired, I remember the excitement of summer learning. Especially when you have someone to discuss it with. Enjoy your PD time and your down time too!

    ReplyDelete