|My summer office with a view.|
- Visiting my favorite Ostrander Library weekly and talking to my friends. Walking in and hearing, "You have several titles on the shelf today." Discussing which ones that I reserved through Search Ohio that I think the Delaware Libraries should consider purchasing. I celebrate amazing conversations about books and the opportunity to influence the purchase of new titles.
- Gift of time to read blogs and tweets. The Newberry Buzz started this week with Elizabeth posting at Fuse 8. It's like an early Christmas present to see if I am on target or way off the mark. This year I have done pretty well with my picks so far, and of course there were a few new titles that I wasn't aware of YET.
- Gift of time to discuss books with friends that visit, through twitter, facebook and our BE google list that Bill, Margaret and Ben keep going all summer with new titles and front runners for Newberry.
- I celebrate last year's class and their class gift which were gift cards, so I could purchase my new books for next year's class. Every year I have a student ask me about the "new books," and I explain how it's important to pay it forward. Explaining that last year's readers are already supporting this year's readers. A full circle moment connecting the end of one year and start of a new year.
- Visiting my favorite bookstore, Fundamentals and discussing books with my friend Tami. It's always a fun day when she gives me an ARC and this week I got Wishtree by Katherine Applegate. I am excited to share that the Scholastic Summer Road Trip will be coming to her store in Delaware, Ohio. That will truly be a celebration for everyone!!!