Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year-Are you Willing to Reflect in 2012?

As we drove home from an exciting family weekend, I was reading twitter and enjoying all the posts on One Little Word.  As I read Mandy's post Happy New Year and One Little Word, I began to think about my one word for 2012.  Since we had a four hour drive home, I had time to ponder. As I thought about 2011, there are many words that come to mind including: change, motivation, literacy, technology, integration, learning, and wonder. In my busy life, reflection is probably the first thing I let go of in my timeline. It is funny for me to think my life is busy now because my husband and I became "empty nesters" in 2011.  After having time to think, I have decided my 2012 word will be reflection.


I am excited about this word because in the new year I will hold myself accountable to a reflection blog at the end of year month. I also think that this will help me stop, think, and reflect during the month. Anyone willing to start a cross post the last few days of the month? We could call it: Reflections of January 2012 etc. Leave me a comment if interested. 

11 comments:

  1. I think that is a great word. I find that for me blogging really helps me do that. Can't wait to do more together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also add that reflections at the end of the month is a great idea! I am willing to try ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your post. I thought over a lot of words, but I think we have the same word, reflection. It seems to be the word for me for 2012!
    I would like to stay in touch for the end of the month reflections.
    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Melissa and Mrs. Kmiec we will be reflecting at the end of the month-can't wait to cross post with both of you. Anyone else want to join us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word and find that blogging is a great way for me to reflect on my own learning and teaching. I would love to join you at the end of the month. It will be good incentive to keep me writing.
    Thanks!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray our group is growing-welcome Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! Thank you for the inspiration to sum up all of my goals for 2012 in one word! I have chosen...listening. Check out my post from today to see why I picked it. Can't wait to REFLECT on my LISTENING each month! I wonder what I will not only hear but actual listen to in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Gail and Tracy-our group continues to grow! So excited to read everyone posts at the end of the month-we will all cross post so we can learn from all of us. Love this idea of comment PD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I rarely look over my blog posts to see what the month has brought, what we've achieved in the classroom and where I'd like to go next. So, I love to join in this end of month effort if I may.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our group is growing I am so excited that we have such an interest in reflection. This will help me to stay focus also. Welcome Tara glad you will be joining us at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete