Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome in Wonder Year 2012

I have been very fortunate the past two years to have the opportunity to surround myself with a strong community through twitter and blogging. I believe that this community has helped me grow professionally, increase my understanding of my craft, ask better questions and allow me the chance to grow in areas where I never thought I would be today-mainly technology.  Many of you who have been following my blog know that when I got my iPod grant I was searching for a way to integrate literacy and technology.  I found through a friend, thanks Andrea, an amazing website: Wonderopolis.   


Best breakfast in the world @ Lynn's Paradise Cafe


With the background set, I have some exciting news I have been chosen to be one of the lead ambassadors for Wonder Year 2012. Last weekend, my family was invited to Louisville, KY the home of NCFL to explore and wonder with the other 5 families which included children from the age of 3 to 21. (disclaimer: I happen to be the eldest lead but proud of it) We had amazing opportunities to visit so many exciting places and the BEST part was that we learned first hand that there is WONDER everywhere we visited-more about that in future posts. So with that said-Welcome in Wonder Year 2012, and I am honored to be included in this journey.



5 comments:

  1. I took that picture! So excited to be on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Can't wait to see where you lead us! Keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria. I'm a K-2 librarian who has also embraced wondering with my students. I found your blog around the same time I found Wonderopolis. I really appreciate all of your insightful posts and authentic writing voice. I'm looking forward to seeing what Wonderopolis comes up with in 2012! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I am so excited to be sharing this journey with everyone on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria,
    Congratulations! Thanks to you I have looked at wonder through a whole new lens this year. I look forward to following your journey.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete