Saturday, October 14, 2017

Celebrating Conversations

 I am celebrating conversations this week.  Conversations that could have been difficult but turned out to be wonderful.  The first round of parent teacher conferences are complete, and I am thankful when I am discussing my learners with their parents, and we are on the same page.  I don't have to be on the same page; however, when it happens I breathe deeply.  

Have you ever had to say the difficult thing?  Practicing on the way to school, hesitating to share, and feeling nervous. I waited for that moment and I said it. Pausing,I breathed deeply and waited....choosing my words carefully and having the best intention were my focus.

Finally, one of my favorite parts of being the elder in our school is sharing ideas and mentoring strength.  I am always learning, and I am celebrating our weekly team meetings. This week was extra great because we were talking with our math coach about recent changes to the standards.  All four of us trust each other which is so important as we dig deeper into the curriculum. Mentoring is where my heart is.  I am thankful when I am asked my opinion, and I can share 30 years of experience.  Encouraging young teachers to trust their judgement and try some new strategies is a celebration every time

I am celebrating because two weeks in a row I am able to blog on Friday evening. Some might call that strange, I call it contentment. I am thankful for joining my Saturday celebration community. I am looking forward to a beautiful, cool fall weekend. 

Found this special nest in our grain truck. 


7 comments:

  1. Oh, Maria, I loved reading about your conversations, but that nest of beautiful blue eggs was the best! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was like I just wanted to celebrate the blue eggs....thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The younger teachers are blessed to have a mentor who has much experience to share who is also still learning.
    What a celebration to find that nest with lovely blue eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those conversations can be challenging. I'm so glad they went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to your post today. Our conferences will be on Tuesday. Helping young teachers learn is a joy I get to experience this year. I am happy that this week I found time to blog both on Tuesday and today. I hope your weekend was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, being a mentor is a calling. 30 years of teaching and a reflective heart make you a viable candidate to mentor others. Best of luck. I just love what you found in your grain truck. That looks like it could be a great digital for my fall gallery, Autumn Ablaze. Superimposed wording could be: Autumn wonder-Special nest in our grain truck! (with your name and locale) What do you think? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust is so important. I am thankful to also work in a team filled with trust.

    ReplyDelete