Saturday, September 9, 2017

Celebrating: Lifelong Readers

 I am celebrating an amazing group of learners that I get to spend everyday with in our classroom.  



I am celebrating finally wrapping my head around homework vs. home learning.  And loving my decision and where I finally ended up in this controversy. So many conversations, voxer and blog posts.  Thanks to my PLN in helping me.

I am celebrating several students who are choosing to do home learning (enrichment activities) and sharing their learning with the class the next day.


I am celebrating past learners who are in middle school and sending me photos and returning books to me when they come back to visit.  




I am celebrating with my Saturday colleagues who post every Saturday.  I have been reading your posts and celebrating with you although I've been absent.  Thanks Ruth for encouraging us to Celebrate


5 comments:

  1. Maria, I am glad that you are joining us once again. I hope your summer was rewarding and relaxing. Your celebrations are powerful because they show children as readers enjoying their books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely celebrations. The change of one word home "work" vs, "learning" makes a huge shift in understanding and motivation. Have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your correct Terje makes all the difference. I am excited to see how learners embrace the new opportunities of learning.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing the pic of your engaged learners. How fun to hear from your former students now in middle school. I always loved it when my books made it home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always believed when books aren't in my classroom and I know they have made it to a home. They will be well loved.

      Delete