Sunday, October 19, 2014

Three Days as a Gypsy - Invaluable

Sunday thoughts all rolled up into a Slice of Life, Celebration and my OLW which is choice.  We didn't have school this past Friday because it was our comp. day for evening conferences which were last Wednesday and this Tuesday.  My husband and I took our annual gypsy trip ending up in Kentucky. I love our annual three day trip and each year we plan less and less. This year we left without reservations for lodging, and the few decisions prior to leaving included exploring the Bourbon Trail and searching for a river which would allow us time to stop and enjoy the peacefulness as we listened to the gurgling as it moved swiftly along the banks. My favorite part of the journey is our quiet time for conversations and the opportunity to not have my life scheduled out for three days.  

Old barns and quilts two of my favorite. We learned at the National Daniel Boone park
office  that this is the Sunburst Pattern depicting all the different jobs that
were needed to live in the 1860's.  I think I would have enjoyed that era.
It seems as I reflect on this school year, my life has been extremely scripted. Tons of meetings, most of them I have chosen to schedule but still set times on my calendar.  Hard work as I made the choice to focus on starting math workshop while continuing to implement reading and writing workshop. As I sat and listened to the river and reflected on the past eights weeks, I realize that once again my OLW is upon me. The choices haven't been about a weekly blog post or my set routine for working out. It's about making the best choice at that specific moment in time.  Realizing and knowing I am ok with my OLW is what I figured out as we gypsied our way across Kentucky.

5 comments:

  1. This trip sounds lovely and I want to know more about these gypsy meanderings. :) Life is all about choices isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less structured trips that allow for the freedom to explore. Seems likes the older we get the more fun it is to have less structure when on vacation.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Maria...I hear you. So glad that you made that trip, that choice. It was what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara - loved your photo on FB as you waited at the train station. That is on our bucket list or at least on mine. :)

      Delete
  3. I had to read this title three times, a gypsy life - oh my...that could of been dangerous. Sounds like a well needed step away from life.

    ReplyDelete