- All my students are reading their JR books that they choose. They know their teacher is a reader and will always be asking, "What are you reading?"
- Newbery Club is meeting this Thursday, and I'm celebrating all 23 of them that go above and beyond and choose to be apart of our club early in the morning before school.
- Long division doesn't have to be long - it can be repeated addition and/or place value long 7. What ever strategy works best for my students is the #1 choice.
- We're reading Family Under the Bridge written in 1958 in Paris, France. I read it every year and have enough copies for everyone to have their own. There is a magic when my students know that the book their holding might have been held by their brother or sister who is now in high school. It's been a different type of read aloud this year with the recent events in Paris. We've spent additional time having important conversations. I've used Google images showing them photos of important historical places in Paris.
- Yesterday the The Ohio State Jazz combo visits our school every year. The opportunity for our students to be exposed to different types of music as well as learn the story behind the music is very special.
- Thursday we will be doing 5th Grade Gives Back collecting toiletries, making snowflakes to deliver to the nursing home and after school several students and teachers will go the nursing home to sing and pass out the snowflakes.
- Friday will be our holiday party, and I'm super excited this year. The room mothers asked for every student to donate a gently used book they've already read, and we're playing a game with them. All my students will be taking home a old/new book to read over the holidays. Perfect for Room 234 :)
Finally I am thankful for my renewed energy in writing. Opening the computer and having something to type. Grabbing ideas from Sunday sermons and collecting interesting vocabulary from everywhere. New and exciting words are jumping off the pages and my wordsmith brain is happy happy!! I hope everyone has a blessed and relaxing Christmas. Thanks to the Two Writing Teachers for encouraging me to Slice on Tuesdays. My plans right now are to celebrate with our family the first week and find some writing time the second week.