It's that time of year again, ironic how's it's only January 2. Time to ponder and choose my One Little Word. This year choosing my OLW snuck up on me, and I've spent the last few days in a complete quandary. I really wanted to recycle one of my past OLW because every time I chose my word it attached to me like another arm. But this year, only 36 hours of it, my word hadn't jumped into my lap. YET
I've been reflecting (a past OLW) about how my word leads my thinking, helps me to slow down, and most of all centers me for the new year. After several circular conversations with my husband, I knew I wanted a verb and a unique word. I found my OLW or should I say it found me.
It's perfect for me in all the ways I need it to be.
- what's better than a word that is unique and starts with "qu"
- it's a verb - reminds me to be on the look out for and continue to search
- I'm on a quest to continue to weave in my past OLW
- a constant quest to strengthen my skills as a an educator and blogger
- continue the quest of finding and recording explicit yet engaging vocabulary
- a quest for a balance of prayers, petitions and praise
So now I'm 27 hours into the new year and I'm on my quest. Thanks to Ruth for supporting OLW and Celebrations. Welcome in 2016!