Saturday, June 16, 2018

My North Star Celebration



My blog has been quiet for a few months. The first several weeks I felt huge guilt.  As hours became days, days became weeks, weeks became months, I was able to release the guilt. I was always wondering did I have something to share on my blog?  The answers were consistently no. Thoughts would form, I would write them in my notebook, a few conversations would nag at me to be shared, or I would read something and be thankful that I was encouraged. It was more important that I left a comment to thank the author than write my own post. 

I celebrate the gift of friendship. Those who know me, love me, and best of all truly understand me.  We were able to talk on my back porch for three hours. I shared secrets that I hadn't told anyone, and my friend listened, discussed, helped me through my dilemmas about blogging.  She listened to new desires but wouldn't allow my passions to slip away.  After eight years of blogging, I realized it was important to reflect on the direction I want to head.  Asking what is my North Star?  Through our conversation and reflecting on my notebooks, I have found my North Star.     

  • Passion for vocabulary - collecting words, thinking about word study
  • Passion for reading so I am able to book talk throughout the school year
  • Passion for being a quiet mentor
  • Passion for shining the spotlight on others
I have always found celebration blogs posts  to lift me up and help connect with other friends. I am thankful for this community of readers. I hope everyone has a great week and if you are searching for your North Star I hope you find it. 

Compliment of Google Images
As I type this post, I realize quiet nights on our dock
have lead me to where I am today. 

4 comments:

  1. Quiet nights on a dock - delightful! Happy to hear your voice. Sometimes I think about stopping, but then I think of all I would miss from stopping and so I blog on. (Did you forget to leave a link at Ruth's blog?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I left a link with my comment. Thanks for stopping by I loved learning along with you.

      Delete