Friday, September 23, 2011

I am Excited to be a Versatile Blogger

This past week, I had time to go to my favorite place at my house-I went to my dock and had time to read all of my favorite blogs. As I read A Year of Reading  I found out that I had been nominated for the The Versatile Blogger award. Thanks so much to both of you for all of our conversatoins as well as encouraging me to jump into the world of blogging. I will always be grateful to both of you!


Once I accepted the nomination there are a few rules that I
have to follow. 
#1 Thank the person (people) who nominated you and provide a link
back to their blog.
#2 Share 7 things about me
#3 Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.

Here are 7 Things about me:
1.  I was scared to death to start my blog and without many friends encouraging me I don't think I would have but now I am so thankful that I did.
2.  I have been teaching for  23 years. I started as a special education teacher but have spent the past 14 years in 5th grade.
3.  I LOVE words and constantly on the look out for fun ways that the students can use words including picture books, Hallmark cards and comics from the Sunday paper.
4.  This past year changed my teaching when I got an iPod grant for my classroom-each student has their own iPod.
5.  Because of my grant, I found an amazing website called Wonderopolis, and I have had wonderful opportunities to represent NCFL 
6.  Because of Wonderopolis, I have made some amazing friends and connections around the country. In addition, I have become addicted to twitter to keep in contact with my friends.
7.  I am very thankful for a wonderful opportunity everyday to participate in a profession that I LOVE and the BEST part is the time with my students.


Here are 15ish bloggers that I follow (not in particular order) 
  Dorene @ Learning Technology
  Bill and Karen @ Literate Lives
  James @ James Prelller's Blog
  Joan and Gayle:  Two Writing Teachers 
  Jon on twitter @Mr_Fines
  Kevin @ Kevin's Meandering MInd
  Kirby @ Kirby's Lane
  Melanie @ Organized Inspirations
  Melissa @ Technology (figuring out how all the pieces fit)
  Steven @ Web 2.0 Classroom
  Tracy @ Thinking Stems
  Troy @Digital Writing, Digital Teaching
   Wonderopolis 


Thanks again Mary Lee and Franki I had lots of fun gathering my lists and reading from some of my favorite blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment